This Southside Vision Master Plan is a comprehensive strategy to continue the revitalization of south Bethlehem. It is an initiative of Community Action Development Corporation of Bethlehem (CADCB), a subsidiary of Community Action Committee of the Lehigh Valley (CACLV), and is administered in partnership with the City of Bethlehem. Southside Vision began with the approval of a Neighborhood Partnership Program through the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) in 2001. Southside Vision leverages this funding to engage corporate, public, and private resources so that the community’s vision for a better future can be mobilized and realized. The goals described in this plan will be accomplished through strategic partnerships among community organizations, state and local governments, south Bethlehem residents, educational and healthcare institutions, law enforcement agencies, and the private sector.
Through a comprehensive public input process conducted in 2013 and 2014, Southside Vision has identified five areas in which to focus its resources over the next ten years:
- Economic Sustainability — The economic viability of south Bethlehem will be advanced through business development, job creation, and promotion of south Bethlehem small businesses within and outside the community
- Housing — Through education, advocacy, and rehabilitation of the existing housing stock, south Bethlehem residents will have access to safe, decent, and affordable housing
- Public Spaces – South Bethlehem’s public spaces will be continually improved to increase accessibility and utilization
- Safety and Wellbeing — Residents and visitors will feel safe and secure in south Bethlehem with plentiful opportunities for local residents to flourish and thrive
- Community Engagement and Communication — Southside Vision will mobilize, engage, and coordinate the efforts of south Bethlehem residents and other stakeholders through meetings, events, and strategic communications
This Southside Vision Master Plan consists of five interconnected areas: economic sustainability; housing; public spaces; safety and wellbeing; and community engagement and communication. While the goals and strategies in this plan are listed by category, efforts in each of the five areas overlap and integrate with all of the other areas, strengthening and advancing the entire Southside Vision initiative.
(c) 2018 Community Action Development Corporation of Bethlehem. All rights reserved. CADCB is a subsidiary of Community Action Committee of the Lehigh Valley.